Minimum Unity Version Required:
5.5.4p5 | Asset Published Date:
13 Jun 2019 |
✓ Random world map generator!World Map Strategy Kit (WMSK)
is a powerful game toolkit for creating strategy games based on real or fictional world map.
Includes great visual appealing features that are complex to implement to provide you a AAA kickstart in developing your game.*** VISUAL FEATURES ***
- 3 view modes
: standalone (2D), custom 3D viewport and also Unity terrain compatible!
- Exclusive custom viewport with 3D surface mesh
for terrain with customizable/realtime height, infinite horizontal scrolling (world wrap) and gorgeous effects (water, coast foam, buoyancy effect, frontier lines, PBS based, ...)
- Several Earth background textures and styles
included, from 2K to 16K High-Res.
- Cloud layer
with animated drop shadows over terrain
- Artistic and animated Fog of war
with simple API to clear fog over a zone of control, country or province.
- Animated / thick / smooth country borders
! Use sample textures or add your own with custom color, width and patterns
- Curved map
- Day/night cycle
- Optional minimap
for quick navigation.
- Smooth runtime switching between 2D and 3D viewport mode
- Dynamic country and province labels with adaptive text to the terrain
- Smart country label placement algorithm with curved text using TextMesh Pro!
- Line drawing system with animated dashing line
support to show routes, throwing arcs, on-terrain paths, ...
Add scrolling / blinking messages over the map easily.*** MAP FEATURES ***
✔ Offline features (does not require Internet connection)
- WGS84 datum real world cartography included for countries and provinces
Includes country FIPS 10-4, ISO A2, A3 and N3 standard codes.
- Includes frontiers of +4400 provinces, +7100 cities and +240 countries
Country frontiers in high and low scale.
- Cities are classified on normal cities, regional and country capitals
✔ Online and Offline map tiles system
supporting zoom up to street level.
Includes cache and tile downloader assistant.
Supports OpenStreetMap, Stamen, Carto, Wikimedia, ThunderForest, OpenTopoMap, MapBox, Sputnik and AerisWeather services out of the box (service may require special license).
Ability to connect to custom tile servers.*** OTHER MAP FEATURES ***
- Map Editor
for creating or modifying countries, provinces and cities, including a territories importer tool
that automatically creates frontiers based on color textures.
- Map Generator
: create random world maps including countries and province borders, cities, random names and textures (heightmap, background texture, water mask, etc) using a few sliders, options and buttons!
the map as you wish: change textures or water/fog color, add textures to provinces or countries, or color fill them, ...
at design or runtime
- Mount Points
Define your own strategic / landmarks with location, type and custom attributes over the map to easily use them during the game for positioning units, buildings, control zones, ...
- Merge/conquer map regions at runtime.*** GRID & PATH-FINDING FEATURES ***
- Hexagonal grid
optimized for low vertex count and highest frame rate.
Color/texture any cell.
Cell effects like blink, flash, fade out.
- Path-finding engine
based on A* algorithm for unit movement.
Assign terrain capabilities to your units and they will automatically take the optimal path.
Paths can be calculated based on world positions, country to country (Risk style), province to province or hexagonal grid cells (classic strategy games).
- Define cell crossing costs per cell or per edge.
- Roads.*** INTERACTION FEATURES ***
- Fully interactive map and touch compatible
: zoom, pan, scroll, pinch to zoom, etc.
- Powerful Highlighting system
for selecting countries and provinces.
- Fly to
any country, province, city, location with custom speed and zoom level.
Close zoom to specific country/province/region so it fills the screen.
- Make camera follow automatically any unit on map.
- Infinite scroll
option (world wrap)
- Rectangle selection
Click and drag to draw a rectangle to select units.*** DEVELOPER FEATURES ***
- Easy to use and documented API for units positioning, selection and movement over the map
(locations based either on lat/lon, plane/2D coordinates or country/province/city names).
- One line of code to move units
over map according to terrain capabilities (water, land and air units), terrain costs, elevation constraints, etc.
- Custom attributes
for countries, provinces, cities, mount points, grid cells and game units.JSON support.
- Calculator.Convert from lat/lon to plane coordinates
and vice versa.
- Comprehensive documentation (91 pages manual)
- 42 demo scenes
plus Youtube tutorials and sample videos showing key features.
- 100% C# source code included.
- Unity 5.5-2018/2019 compatibleProduct documentation
| Support Forum
| Youtube ChannelMap assets comparison table World Flags and Weather Symbols
Want them all? Check out our World Maps Pro Bundle
.Looking for historical figures/characters?Even more cool assets!